There are many different worlds in Star Wars The Old Republic, better known as Star Wars TOR or simply TOR. These worlds are the zones where you will go to follow your class story lines and complete the many quests in Star Wars TOR. Each of these planets in Star Wars TOR has a very unique story and vibe. They are spread throughout the galaxy and you will be traveling between them frequently.
Some of the planets in Star Wars TOR are aligned to either the Republic or the Empire, barring members of the opposing faction from being able to even go to them. Many of the planets are neutrally aligned and will allow both factions to visit. If you are on a PVP server, you’ll want to be careful on these neutral planets because players of the opposing side can attack you at any time.
Depending on your faction in Star Wars TOR, as well as what classes you play, you may not visit some of the planets or some of the areas on these planets. If you find this is the case I encourage you to take some time to explore these well developed and interesting planets. Who knows, you might find a datacron, a rare named MoB, or even uncover an entire quest series you may have missed. Read through the guides below to get the most out of each planet and your time exploring them! Each of these TOR planet guides includes an incredibly detailed map of where rare powerful enemies hide, where datacrons are stashed and the lore points you’ll want to unlock.
Star Wars TOR Planet Guides
These guides are overviews of the planets. They are written so you can play through in the order in which things are described. This is often the most efficient way to explore and quest your way through these planets in Star Wars TOR.
Levels 1 – 10
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Korriban: Korriban is the starting planet in Star Wars TOR for both the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor. Both of their stories begin in the center of the map. This planet is home to the Sith Academy.
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Hutta: Hutta is the starting planet in Star Wars TOR for both the Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent. Both of their stories start them off in the west side of the map in the Poison Pit Cantina. This planet is controlled by the Hutts. Two Hutts, Nem’ro and Fa’athra, are deeply embroiled in a turf war; a war you are about to enter.
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Ord Mantell: Ord Mantell is the starting planet in Star Wars TOR for both the Trooper and Smuggler. Both of their stories begin in the north area of the map. This planet is a war zone; the Republic is battling the Separatists for control of the area.
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Tython: Tython is the starting planet in Star Wars TOR for both the Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular. Both of their stories start them off in the north area of the map. This planet is mostly serene and peaceful, but has pockets of fighting. The Flesh Raiders are the biggest threat here and have taken over large sections. They are not the only threat, however. Wild beasts and even ancient Jedi droids are wreak havoc as well.
Levels 10 – 16
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Dromund Kaas: Dromund Kaas is designed for characters level 10th-16th for the normal range though you can play through it until 20. All Imperial players will spend time on Dromund Kaas as they go through their story quests. Dromund Kaas is much more detailed than any of the starting planets, so make sure you take your time working your way through the many quests and exploring this fun planet in Star Wars TOR.
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Coruscant: Coruscant is the planet for Star Wars TOR Republic players who have finished their starting planet of either Tython or Ord Mantell. All the classes and players for the Republic will start to interact and group here together for the first time. This world is designed for Star Wars TOR characters of level 10 to 16 though you can quest here until about 20. There is a lot more to Coruscant than the Republic starting planets, so make sure that you take your time and explore this famous world.