As many of you know, and the rest of you are about to find out, I’m a gaming junkie! I love games of all types. My biggest addictions are MMO’s and tabletop pen and paper D&D. Star Wars The Old Republic, better known as Star Wars TOR, is my latest fix.
With many years of gaming experience, along with a knack for exploration, tactics, and experimentation, I seem to come across all kinds of great little game secrets, spoilers, tips, and tricks. Combine this with a loathing for elitism and a love for helping my fellow gamer, and you’ll see why I built this website. DDM’s Realm is here for you, my fellow gamer, to help make you and our entire community, better players.
These guides are as up to date and accurate as I can make them. Unfortunately the nature of MMOs in particular means that the games always change, and rarely do we, the players, get the full details. So please, if you find errors or issues with any of these guides please post your thoughts either on the articles themselves or in the DDM’s Realm Forums. Help to keep this great community of players strong and informed.
Play smarter, not harder!
Star Wars TOR Guide Listing
In this section you will find all the guides that have been written for Star Wars TOR on DDM’s Realm. If you have any thoughts or suggestions for future guides, please stop by DDM’s Realm Forum and let us know.
Star Wars TOR General Play Guides
- Jumping into Star Wars The Old Republic (TOR): A quick start guide to get you up to speed right away in Star Wars TOR. The basics that all players will need to know to be successful.
- Star Wars TOR Character Creation Guide: So you want to play Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO? Of course you do! But how do you succeed at the game and tower over the other players? Understanding your character and building it correctly will save you from regret down the road.
Star Wars TOR Class Guides
These guides are overviews of the specific classes in Star Wars TOR. The important areas of each class are discussed with tips and tricks on how to play each one.
- Bounty Hunter and Trooper Beginning Class Guide for Star Wars TOR: Do you want to play a character that likes to hang back from the front line and blast enemies with heavy ordinance? Do you want to bring devastation to large groups of your enemies? Whether you want to serve proudly for the Republic or find fame through the Empire, these classes might be right for you in Star Wars TOR.
- Smuggler and Imperial Agent Beginning Class Guide for Star Wars TOR: Do you want to play a character that likes to hang back from the front, taking shots at your enemies with your blaster or sniper rifle? Do you want to master small arms weapons to tear up and debilitate your enemies while protecting and healing your allies? Whether you want to fight for the Republic or scheme through the Empire, these classes might be right for you in Star Wars TOR.
- Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular Beginning Class Guide for Star Wars TOR: Do you want to play a character that likes to hang back from the front and fry your enemies with force lightning? Do you want to master the force to bring devastation to your enemies and protect and heal your allies? Whether you want to serve the Republic or bring power to the Empire, these classes might be right for you in Star Wars TOR.
- Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior Beginning Class Guide for Star Wars TOR: Do you want to play a character that likes to jump into the fray, take damage and deal it out, and is the last one to leave a fight? Do you want to be the defender of truth, or the harbinger of fear? Whether you want to strike fear into the Republic or defeat the Empire, these classes might be right for you in Star Wars TOR.
Star Wars TOR Planet Guides
These guides are overviews of the planets. They are written so you can play through in the order in which things are described. This is often the most efficient way to explore and quest your way through these planets in Star Wars TOR.
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Korriban: Korriban is the starting planet in Star Wars TOR for both the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor. Both of their stories start them off in the center area of the map. This planet is a home to the Sith Academy.
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Hutta: Hutta is the starting planet in Star Wars TOR for both the Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent. Both of their stories start them off in the west side area of the map in the Poison Pit Cantina. This planet is controlled by the Hutts. There are two Hutts, Nem’ro and Fa’athra, that are deeply embroiled in the middle of a turf war; a war that you are about to enter yourself.
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Ord Mantell: Ord Mantell is the starting planet in Star Wars TOR for both the Trooper and Smuggler. Both of their stories start them off in the north area of the map. This planet is a war zone; the Republic is battling the Separatists for control of the area.
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Tython: Tython is the starting planet in Star Wars TOR for both the Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular. Both of their stories start them off in the north area of the map. This planet is a mostly serene and peaceful, but has pockets of fighting. The Flesh Raiders are the biggest threat here and have taken over large sections. This doesn’t mean they are the only threat though; wild beasts and even ancient Jedi droids are wreaking havoc.
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Dromund Kaas: Dromund Kaas is set up and designed for characters of level 10th-16thfor the normal range though you can play through it until 20. All Imperial players will spend time on Dromund Kaas as they go through their story quests. Dromund Kaas is much more detailed then any of the starting planets so make sure you take your time working your way through the many quests and exploring this fun planet in Star Wars TOR
- Star Wars TOR Planetary Guide – Coruscant: Coruscant is the planet for Star Wars TOR republic players who are done with their starting planet of either Tython or Ord Mantell. All the classes and players for the Republic will start to interact and group here together for the first time. This world is designed for Star Wars TOR characters of level 10 to 16 though you can quest here until about 20. There is a lot more to Coruscant than the Republic starting planets so make sure that you take your time and explore this famous world.
Keep an eye out for more guides. I’m just getting started. :)